Monday, June 2, 2008

Need a block you don't want to create yourself?

A couple of years ago I got a call from the local Parks and Rec. Director.

They were going to apply for some grant funds to do some expansion work at a local park. They needed to show how some extra little league and softball fields might fit in the space they had.

I told them to send me the dimensions for the standard fields they had in mind and I'd see what I could come up with.

Fifteen minutes later (before I got the dimensions) I had what they needed.

How did I get it done so quickly?

I went to CBEN.net and downloaded a block with the appropriate dimensions.

They have tons of blocks. The variety is mind boggling. Plus, the site and service are free. It's hard to beat that price.

Here is a screen cap showing some of the Categories.

Many (most) will be of little or no interest to land surveyors; but, some will be.

Check it out sometime.

CBEN.net (Cad Block Exchange Network)

Larry P

No comments: